This is in response to one of the more common questions that bloggers are prompted with:
What fictional character do you most identify with?
Ever since I read her story in Elektra: Root of Evil, I saw myself in the Marvel Comics character Elektra Natchios.
Here is a non-exhaustive list of commonalities, in no particular order:
1. We are the only female child of our parents. (In my case, I am the only child.)
2. We are both interested and knowledgeable in martial arts and weaponry.
3. We like working alone.
4. We use intensive physical training as a means of stress relief.
5. We like to fight and get paid for it. Sometimes, we do it for free, too.
6. We both specialize in short-bladed weapons.
7. We wear primary colors as our trademark fight costume. I also have a red kung-fu uniform, but it’s not as revealing as hers. (C’mon, who can really fight in that?)
8. We like our men to be as good a fighter as we are, hopefully even better.
9. We have obsessive-compulsive tendencies.
10. We had really good masters who trained us.
11. We use our mental powers to keep ourselves alive.
12. Our reputations often precede us.
13. We have many enemies and precious few friends.
14. We have a violent nature that only discipline through years of rigorous training can keep in check.
15. Finally, we have a lingering, undeniable dark side, no matter how hard we try to suppress it.
Image credit: Marvel Comics
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.
Enter your email address below to receive notifications of new blog posts